Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWHVCMP - Washi Critters









Washi Tape Challenge


Critters
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/2013/02/owh-vcmp-all-creatures-great-and-small.html " your challenge is to make a card that features a critter of some sort."



I combined two challenges into one on this card. I also had to cheat and use decorative paper for the Washi Tape as I own absolutely no Washi tape whatsoever. Gasp ! Once again, behind the trend. Honestly, I figured I could recreate the look with decorative paper scraps anyway, why buy more "stuff" when I can use some of what I already own in a similar way.

I thought this might make a cute, and different,  "Congratulations" type of card.

The image is from an old stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I water colored it with inks and an aquapainter. The paper scraps are from an old Die Cuts With A View spring paper stack. 
Black, White and pink card stock. I used a fine point Sharpie marker to add the doodle lines around the image.

Thanks for looking =) Now go spend a bit of time looking at all of the other awesome samples posted on the Hostess' blogs. There will be more added as other people complete the challenges and share their creations. 

3 comments:

  1. Heather, what a cute little piggie! And the pink washi tape is a perfect background for him. Thanks for joining in my washi tape challenge! Good luck with the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I love your piggie! And don't feel bad, I had no washi either, I used electrical tape!

    Thanks for playing along with my part of OWH VCMP.

    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 rolls of washi and they are brand new! I have yet to use them either! I'm with you on using what we already have too!
    This is really cute and I love your pink DSP washi strips!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)