Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWHVCMP - Wheels and a Sketch








http://linda-creepinalong.blogspot.com/2013/02/owh-presidents-day-vcmp-things-with.html  "My DH is a gearhead so one of my suggestions was "Things With Wheels".  "


"So my challenge for this VCMP is to take OWH sketch #63:


and use one entire piece of 12x12 paper. You should get a minimum of six A2 cards from one 12x12."





I again combined two challenges for this card - and also "cheated" by creating my own background paper because I already had this card done when I saw the Things With Wheels challenge. As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew right away what I wanted to make. Classic Convertibles is one of my all time favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up!, having used it quite a bit for masculine cards. If you'd like to see more samples made with it, click on MASCULINE under the labels on my sidebar.



All supplies from Stampin' Up!
Making Tracks Stampin' Around wheel
Rt66 image from Antique Autos stamp set
Sentiment from Thoughts Of Father stamp set
Cars from Classic Convertibles stamp set
Highways and Byways background stamp
Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Silver Naturals card stock
Basic Black ink
metal edge tag


Thanks for looking =)  Be sure to visit the challenge blogs for more inspiring ideas !

3 comments:

  1. Great card!...love the tire track strip and the Rte 66 embellie! Thanks for playing in the Things with Wheels challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I remember the metal-edge tags. Oh, boy, that takes me back!

    Thanks so much for playing my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and LOVE those cars!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)