Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chick Box Die Cut/Punch Art Project









All items used were from Stampin' Up!
Some items may no longer be available, 
but there are other items that will work in their place.



Summer Sun, Only Orange, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
1/4" circle punch
Star punch

orange crinkle paper - came in a box with
the scissors I was gifted from Fiskars






Before you begin, decide which side you want
facing outwards, the side that will show more.
There is a slightly different look to each side
of the scallop envelope die cut.







Fold side tabs in and adhere to each other.





Fold the large bottom portion of the envelope die cut,
the side with no decorative "score" marks,
in on each other to create the bottom and glue in place.






Cut the scalloped circle (I used a flower) in half
and attach the top part to each side of the box
to create wings.





Trim the triangles down, make tabs to attach to the face 
and score down the center to help
bend them into a beak shape.





This shows how I attached the beak to the face.
(I think I should have used a smaller punch for the 
whites of the eyes.......)






I used the large star punch for feet,
but there are so many other shapes that would work.
You could also hand cut feet with scissors.
Attach with sticky strip.







Fill the skinny cellophane bags with your choice of small treats
and attach to the bottom of the chick box with sticky strip. 



I'll put little treats in these cute boxes to give to my nephews for Easter this year.




Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea and I'm sure your Nephews will love finding these! Great that you gave a step by step too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the jelly bean legs!! I'm so glad you joined us at Anything But a Card too!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)