Friday, March 22, 2013

I Am NOT A Scrapbooker

with that being said, I will be sharing my attempts at creating scrapbook pages. They aren't too fancy or creative, then again there isn't a lot one can do to a 12 x 12 scrapbook page that is already filled up with a 10 x 13 (trimmed to 12") or 8 x 10 photo to begin with.

The old portraits of my children have been in a 12 x 12 album for several years. Prior to that they were stored in the paper envelopes that they were given to me in from the portrait studio. At the time I was unable to find a photo album that was large enough to keep 10x13 portrait sheets in so I decided to trim them down a bit to fit in a regular 12x12 scrapbook. The photos won't ever go on display again anyway so trimming off a little bit didn't hurt, especially since it didn't cut into anything important on the photo.

I've never made a scrapbook album for any of our photos. The closest I've come to traditional paper crafted scrapbooking are the Memory Boxes and framed pieces I made for the pets. You can see those projects posted to my blog.

This is the year I am finally going to put my paper crafting supplies to use for personal projects and to try my hand at scrapbooking. I'm not so sure I will make more albums after this huge project is completed though,  it is time consuming ! Today I spent HOURS working on two pages, I just could not get the embellishments I was making to work right. I'll share those pages later. Yes, there is a reason why what few scrapbook page projects I have made are digital: soooooooooooooooooo much easier, less messy, less waste of product, less time consuming since I don't need to drag things out and put them away as I am creating. If you are interested, click on the My Digital Studio or My Memories Suite labels on my sidebar to be taken to the few digital projects I have made and shared.

I know, I know: "Quit your rambling and show us a scrapbook page already !" So, drum roll please, here is my very first 12 x 12 scrapbook page I made to keep for myself !




This is a really simple page.
Well, punching the eyelet border was a pain,
the paper punch wasn't cooperating most of the time
so I had to trim the pieces a bit to make them look better.

I kept it simple and as flat as possible. I've never made my own scrapbook,
I have always wondered if adding lots of bulky embellishments
would end up dimpling the photos that are next to them. 
These are the only copies I have of the portraits so I don't 
want to ruin them. 
I did scan them on my Canoscan 9000F before scrapbooking,
but they are not the best scans. I should have spent time
tweaking the scans some before scrapping the photos. 

Supplies:
Pretty In Pink 12 x 12 card stock from Stampin' Up!
eyelet border punch from Stampin' Up!
drafting vellum (HUGE pieces of a vellum
type of paper I was given years ago)
baby blue satin ribbon from Offray
( I have so many rolls of that ribbon from my 
crafting days way back when)


Thanks for looking =) 




1 comment:

  1. This is so precious! I think you did a fantastic job with your page! Don't let it become to much like work though! Just enjoy preserving the memory and the pictures.

    Using 'lumpy' embellishments can leave marks on other pages, especially if your book is pretty full. I tend to put my bulky pages in frames to display on the walls and keep my album pages a little flatter. Hope that helps...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)