Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Mom and Baby First Portrait Scrapbook Pages




This is my first two page spread for the old 
portraits scrapbook album I decided to make. 
Sadly, these are the first studio portraits taken with
my baby, when she wasn't such a baby ! 
It's even more sad to know that there
are only a couple of photos taken with
my children and I...... sniffle.......

Gorgeous double sided papers, card stocks.
Pretties flowers, scalloped edge heart die , 
Texturz plates, paper piercer and piercing template,
Bigz XL scallop edge die are all from Stampin' Up!
ribbons are from my stash
large scalloped edge circle punch, EK Success






You can't see it in these photos, 
but the strips of brown card stock and die cut heart
have slight texture to them from running through
Texturz plates. 
I probably should have lightly spritzed the paper with water 
(or maybe alcohol) before running it through the Big Shot/Texturz plate.
Doing that may have given the embossing more depth.

That very thin strip of brown decorative paper is the strip I trimmed
off of the 12 x 12 pink piece of decorative paper, flipped over.
The sheet protectors are 12  x  11 7/8 so all of the pages need to
be trimmed slightly to fit. 

I hand cut the brown heart frame because the hearts 
dies I had were not the right size.


Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. For not being a scrapbooker you sure have done some great pages! Good for you! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful too! Your design is terrific and I am sure you had so many happy thoughts about your 'not so baby' baby girl while making these pages!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)