Saturday, March 16, 2013

Punch Art Spring Holidays Card






I took the easy way out this year and made one card to cover three spring events:
St. Patrick's Day, First Day Of Spring and Easter. 

I'm not sure how easy of an out it was though, 
working with those tiny punched pieces of card stock !



Below are photo collages showing the supplies I used
(most all of which were from Stampin' Up!)
to create each of the tiny pieces of punch art.
They are mounted on 1 1/4"  and 1 3/8" squares 
that are glued onto a Whisper White card base.
Each of the card fronts has been run through the Big Shot
with a large polka dot Texturz plate or a Chevron embossing folder. 






Punch out four tiny hearts (I used the smallest on the
Heart To Heart punch)
 Crease each tiny heart down the middle.
Trim out a stem with scissors
Glue onto a small circle.





Punch out one of each of the two smallest flower shapes
from the Boho Blossoms punch.
Lightly bend and roll the smallest flower to break 
the fibers in the card stock so you can separate it into two layers. 
Add color to the center pieces to make them darker if you wish
(or cut from different colored card stock to begin with).
Scrunch them together to form a sort of cup
then glue the bottom to the center of the flower.
It can be smashed down to be mailed.
Punch a 5 petal flower from the Spring Bouquet Flower punch 
and trim with scissors to make leaves,
hand cut out a stem.





Punch a small oval from water color paper.
Lightly dampen the paper.
Color with water based markers 
(I used Pink Passion, Yo Yo Yellow and Tempting Turquoise).
Use a damp water color brush to blend the colors
 together a little bit more to 
resemble a died egg.




Another variation ( a couple of which are in the 
photo above that shows several cards) is to punch
out eggs from already colored card stock then
add details with markers. I used a white Signo
gel pen to add details to mine as well as a bit of 
diluted ink to make the egg resemble the crayon resist
eggs I made as a child. I colored the card stock
with the ink first and allowed it to dry well before
adding the details with the white gel pen. 



I took advantage of the pop in temperatures here yesterday,
since it was nearly 70 degrees I opened a couple of windows in the house.
Because it was nice enough to open the windows to help air out the house,
and knowing it was predicted to be cold and rainy all weekend, 
I decided to make my yearly batch of corned beef and cabbage a bit early.
 I think I'll go reheat some for lunch =)



And if you are wondering, I simply toss a corned beef with two cups of water 
along with the seasoning packet that is included with the meat
into a 6 quart crock pot for 8 hours on low.
I add a head of cabbage during the last 2 hours of cooking.


Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and fabulous punch work! The watercolor eggs are gorgeous! I have got to try that!

    I tried sending you an email but my provider is not working correctly right now... Hopefully, I will be able to get something working! Be sure to check out our yahoo group and look at the new challenge. You can win prizes at the next meeting for completing the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)