Friday, March 8, 2013

Quick Need For Speed Card


Not at all happy with this quick card, I know what I wanted to do with it
to add more to it but decided not to.
I'm going to make a better version of it soon for another recipient. 
I was in a hurry to get it done and out to the mailbox before the carrier
came so I didn't add much to this card to save on time.
Plus it was a belated birthday card and I don't have any long,
single line "Belated Birthday Wishes" stamps.
Sure, I could have made something on the computer,
printed it out and trimmed to fit, but I didn't 
want to waste more time doing that. 
It never fails, when I know exactly what I want to create
on the computer, something seemingly simple, 
it gives me headaches, not printing properly.


The checkerboard frame is an old, old stamp image from
Stampin' Up!, stamped with Basic Black ink.

The car (Need For Speed stamp set, Stampin' Up!)
was stamped, water colored then cut out and 
glued on top of the sponged ground and sky. 

I masked off the bottom of the checkerboard area
and sponged on Basic Gray ink.
The top portion was sponged with Bashful Blue ink
over a home made cloud stencil.

I wish I had white textured card stock, that would 
have looked a little bit better.
I thought about using an embossing folder on the background
then decided against it thinking it would be too "busy". 


Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. I love the angle of the background and car within the frame!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)