Saturday, March 30, 2013

Secret Garden Scrapbook Pages



















If you have been reading through my blog posts lately,
you may remember a few days ago I was 
lamenting about how long a particular page took
me to make 
(and that I am no scrapbooker, this is new to me).

These are the two pages that took HOURS to make!

I just could not get the flowers to look right.

I water colored them.

I added glitter to them.

I went through several different colors of ink.

They all looked bad to me, I was not happy with them.

Once I decided to just keep it simple with ink
an white card stock 
and a little bit of cutting,
I couldn't get them to look right when
layering them on top of each other 
on top of the lattice die cuts... argh !

I think I should have perhaps tried 
embossing the line art flowers
with white embossing powder on colored card stock
before layering them over the white Lattice die cut pieces.
Maybe too much white is what makes it
look "off" to me ? 
Of course that is the one thing I didn't try !


In the end I used Sage Shadow,
Regal Rose, 
Almost Amethyst and
So Saffron inks from Stampin' Up!
(I think those are the colors I ended up using !).


Each of the flowers was stamped with the
both of which are currently available
from Stampin' Up!

with the Lattice die, Stampin' Up!

The background paper came from an old
Die Cuts With  A view paper stack.


Next I'll share a card I made with 
some of the unused pieces from these pages.


I am entering this in the Anything But A Card Challenge 15.

Thanks for looking =) 







2 comments:

  1. Hello Heather thank you for joining us at Anything But A card with your pretty layout.
    Scrapbooking can take a while to feel comfortable with that for certain.
    If I may make a couple of suggestions - Did you consider adding a little more colour to the centres of your flowers? If you look at real flowers they often have a slightly darker/brighter centre - because they want to attract attention - not us of course but the bees and other insects that visit them.I find a water brush and inks, markers, or indeed whatever you have works well. The brush keeps the colouring soft and natural and you can build up layers easily. When I was starting out I used to stamp out a flower/leaf then get one from the garden and try to get it as close as possible. This wasn't wasted art time as these tries would be used as extra embellishments on pages and cards.
    The other little tip - I usually add the tiniest touch of black or dark brown to my designs,again for attention seeking.
    Hope this helps a little.
    One last tip - as you layer your flowers try a little mounting tape on some and bend and pinch the petals a little - think a posy! Flowers have dimension.
    But most of al ---have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have such a hard time with flowers too! I once spent hours arranging the flowers on a flower pot card... But your pages do look nice and hopefully you enjoyed the process!
    I love the tips that Julie shared and need to remember them next time too! So glad you linked up with Anything But A Card!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)