Sunday, March 10, 2013

Two Bite Brownies and a Tag

*Did you remember to set your clocks forward last night?*












A cousin held a game night for the cousins and we were asked to bring a snack. Mine were simple, a bag of Pepperidge Farms Baked Naturals Cheddar Multigrain Cracker Chips (so good!) and Two Bite Brownies made with a box mix, Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies by Ghirardelli (decadent!).

To make the Two Bite Brownies, follow the directions on the box to make brownies, but instead of placing the batter in an 8" x 8" pan as instructed, divide it up between mini muffin cups. I baked mine at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. I used a dark non stick mini muffin pan lined with mini paper muffin cup liners. I filled them about 3/4 of the way full. They puffed up during baking, nearly going over the edge of the muffin cups, but once they cooled they settled and just filled the paper muffin cup liner. My batch made 33 mini brownie bites. Those that tried them raved about them, but they were all being good and didn't over indulge so I brought several of them back home.

As I was baking them I was trying to think of a way to transport them to the get together, something other than a simple plastic container. I remembered I had a nice cookie tin leftover from the holidays that hadn't been recycled yet, burgundy with embossed designs on the lid . Then I thought, I may as well add something cute to the top - ya' never know, maybe someone will notice and want to know more about Stampin' Up!, paper crafting, etc. After all, there are going to be two weddings and a new baby in the family this year, maybe they would like me to help craft favors, invites, traditionally or digitally scrapbook something for them, so on . Then again my crafty endeavors are nothing new to them, I do make handmade Christmas cards and have mailed them each hand stamped birthday cards as well.......  regardless, I wanted to add something to the top to let them know what was inside the tin, why not make it cute.

So I quickly made a tag to attach to the top using supplies mostly from Stampin' Up! as the brownie bites were baking.

The tag was die cut using a die from the Apothecary set out of old card stock from Stampin' Up! and I don't recall the exact name. It isn't Naturals, but something along that line. It is cream with lots of teeny, tiny black speckles in it. This particular piece was a scrap that I had already stamped JOY on from a really old Stampin' Up! Christmas stamp set . Sorry, once again don't remember the name and am too lazy to dig through all of the drawers of stamps to try to find it right now especially since it isn't an image you can really see and fall in love with, would want to know the name to try to find it somewhere........... The JOY was stamped in gold ink, but it was barely visible so I never used the piece on my project . I thought it made a nice background to my handwritten label. I lightly sponged Baroque Burgundy (retired) ink around the edges, doodled a line and hand wrote with a fine point Sharpie. I made a couple of simple knot bows from Chocolate grosgrain ribbon then hot glued them on. I recently removed some buttons from an old shirt so I glued a couple of those on, too. I attached it the the metal lid with strong double stick tape.

Now, do I save the container and tag for future use or repurpose both of them ?

Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. That's a really cute cookie tin, I'd definitely hold onto that! I'm going to try your brownie trick and make them as mini-muffins - that sounds like it would be a fun thing to have during the week to take to work for snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! They look delicious and the tin is quite pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea - both the tin and the two bite brownies! Think I might have to copy!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)