Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baby's First Portrait - Son





First studio portrait of my son taken at 3 weeks old -
almost 18 years ago ! 

The background papers came from a 
Die Cuts With A View paper stack.

I used a Jumbo Stampin' Around wheel from
Stampin' Up! for the bottom border.
It was stamped in Basic Black ink on
Whisper White card stock then water colored in 
with various colors of classic inks and an aquapainter. 

The tag has a little strip of decorative paper glued to the bottom.
A piece of baby blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
is run through the hole at the top and tied
with a small piece of white baker's twine.


This is the last scrapbook page I'll be sharing
for the time being.  
I made so many during that marathon
scrapping week a while back, 
I got bored with it (and hurt my thumb).
I guess I didn't do too badly for
making my first real scrapbook pages for
myself, of my kids. 
I'm not sure if I will finish scrapping 
the rest of their portraits. 
 I am leaning towards just doing their first year
then calling it quits
(I completed daughters, need to finish sons).
I'll simply mount the portraits onto 
card stock and add a little note 
of the date / age; quick and less mess. 
I'm concerned with the bulkiness 
of the pages for one, I don't want
them to mar any of the others that they are 
next to in the albums.
Plus, it is very time consuming
not to mention I make such a mess.
I think I waste more time dragging out
then putting away my supplies than creating !
Although I was having some fun
(and getting frustrated at the same time)
going through my supplies in search of 
just the right things to use on each page
and deciding how I wanted to lay them out,
I feel that it in the end is going to be a waste
of my time and supplies.
I honestly do not think my children will appreciate 
the work I have put into them, they certainly do not
at this point in their young adult lives.
Maybe they will some day when they are much older........



Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Another very sweet page! The watercoloring is gorgeous and I love the tag!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)