Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Daughter's First Birthday Portrait Scrapbook Pages
























Yeah, I totally threw my cares aside about adding bulky
embellishments to a scrapbook page with these three !

I spent an awful lot of time, several hours throughout two days,
working on these three pages.
I was pretty happy overall with the way they came out,
but was totally burned out from my marathon
scrapbooking week and haven't made another
page since. Not to mention my fingers
were sore. If I have been stamping/crafting
for any length of time my thumb especially
gets painful, in fact my skin can get a crack in it
near the nail bed. Weird, I know.
So I decided to quit working on scrapping
(my first attempts at scrapbooking any
personal photos to keep for myself)
the portraits at this point in my daughters life.
I'll switch to my sons first year of life portaits
(not nearly as many, by the way).
Then decide if I want to continue making
scrapbook pages for each portrait
or
simply mount them on plain card stock 
in the album, noting the age and date taken.






Papers from an old Die Cuts With A View Paper Stack 4.
Ribbons and buttons from my crafts stash.
embossing folder from Sizzix for the large white flowers
3/8" circle punch for the letter centers of the flower strip
home made shimmer mist spray - for the letters and flower strip

Supplies used  from Stampin' Up! :
Calendar Alphabet stamp set (discontinued)
White detail embossing powder
1 3/8" circle punch  - to create the "petals" around the frame
Flowers strip die (discontinued)
Stampin' dimensionals - to adhere the die cut letters, large flowers and frame
sticky strip - to adhere the ruffled ribbon
Tombow multipurpose adhesive





Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. These are so sweet! I love the embossed flowers and the black ribbon really looks sharp with the pink! I hope you keep on scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)