Friday, April 19, 2013

May Day Basket Card





As I am writing this post, I am thinking about what is to come with 
flooding in our area, predicted to be major flooding next week
(as well as those with much more serious problems
resulting from the recent bombing and explosion or those that 
have already lost everything due to flash flooding today).


I'm not sure if I should panic or 
just take it in stride, hopeful that
 things will not get any worse than
they did during the major flooding here five years ago.
It was a huge inconvenience that caused many sleepless nights,
but the house did remain dry that year - 
and I'm hoping so again this time around !
I rather enjoyed having a lake for a front yard
(literally! our field filled with enough water to boat in it!)
and the peace that came with the roads being
under water, no cars racing by on the country road.
On the other hand, when I think of the predictions
this time being a bit higher than last, it makes me
think perhaps I should start moving items from 
my craft dungeon because should it flood,
insurance will not cover any of it. 
And I have a lot of stuff to move ! 
Ahhh, to have my "studio" in the high and dry attic
has been a dream of mine since moving here... sigh. 



Enough of my ramblings , on to the project.

This card was inspired by May Day flower baskets.

All supplies used were from Stampin' Up!:

Petal Cone die

Secret Garden stamp set and die set

watercolor paper

decorative edges plate for Stampin' Score 
to make the decorative dry embossed design

Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz,
Going Gray and Pool Party card stocks and inks

Going Gray ink used to 
"distress" the watercolor paper

aquapainter - to add highlights to the flowers

white embossing powder

I hadn't added the ribbon handle to it yet when this photo was taken









The creek rose several feet during a flash flood today,
this is looking at the road in front of my house.
Portions of the road are under about 3 feet of water.
Normally I would not see much water from this angle,
what water is visible under normal circumstances is
well down within the creek banks. 
If you look closely you can see water
is now covering all of the bottom lands.
 The end of my driveway is at the bottom of the photo.
It is predicted to rise 10 more feet above this 
stage when it hits crest early next Tuesday !





So with that, I will likely be silent on the blog for a bit,
fighting the leaking basement and planning for the flood.
I really should start packing up some things in my craft dungeon 
and at least put them up on tables or something......... 
and make sure all of my important papers, digitized photos
and movies, etc are on the uppermost level just in case.
Better yet, maybe take all the important things to mom and dads
for the time being !



1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful and such a great use of the die!
    I hope that you are able to stay nice and dry! Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)