Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day

I intended on making a couple of scrapbook page posts for National Scrapbook Day, but time got away from me. I haven't spent any time in the craft dungeon, either. This new kitten is sooooooooo rambunctious , getting into everything, attacking everything, getting under my feet, climbing my pants and anything else she can sink her claws into, etc and so on. It seems like all I am doing is chasing her from things she shouldn't be getting into and trying to distract her with toys ! None of the kittens I've had in the past have been this troublesome. She doesn't like to cuddle, either.... sniffle. Kitty still is not happy to have a new little sister; I've been trying to give Kitty more attention.

I'm not sure how this came about, but I suspect that Kitty was sunbathing first then the kitten saw her then snuck up behind her and laid in the sun herself. Sunbathing here is nearly a daily ritual for Kitty, she will chase the sunlight across the floor, moving as it moves. This was the first time I had the curtains open, letting in bright sunshine after I brought the kitten home. It didn't take her long to discover the joys of sunbathing !




I really should have whipped up a digital scrapbook page at least and
shared some tips for National Scrapbooking Day...... 
After all, I do have a few photos of a cute new kitten that
would have been purr-fect to use !
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Stampin' Up! will have 
some wonderful new cat and dog stamp images
(or designer papers for scrapbooking!) 
in the new Idea Book and Catalog.







I did create a graduation party announcement with My Digital Studio 2 from Stampin' Up! this past week. I also created a return address label and wrote up driving directions (both of which were made with another program) with a map to insert into the graduation announcements I bought through the school (gasp ! I didn't make my own ?!??). They were finally delivered this week so I spent hours working on addressing them.  My son refused to do it himself since he hates his handwriting, "it's too messy and hard to read, you need to do it". I will make him write his own Thank You notes, though !



(I do not know why this happens, perhaps it is my monitor settings, 
but the blue color is not the dark blue that it printed out as.
This image is altered for privacy)


The layout was copied from an advertisement from the company we bought the announcements from.

I designed them to be printed as a 4 x 6 photo, saving myself quite a bit of money by using a 10c per print coupon with the purchase of 75 or more 4x6 prints. The clerk at the photo counter loved the idea (and the card I made) and told me that they sell their flat photo announcements ( granted, they are 5 x 7 in size) for  85c a piece !  That was a savings of 75c each plus the cost of extra postage that it surely would have taken to mail a 5 x 7 card !


Thanks for looking ! Enjoy your weekend skipping around the Internet looking at the overwhelming number of scrapbooking ideas, sales and freebies that are sure to be out there for National Scrapbooking Day !


2 comments:

  1. I love the graduation invites...how cool to show older photos.
    Love the kitten sunning what a size comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,now I don't feel so bad about not scrapbooking! I spent the day doing laundry and trying to catch up on blogging and emails... Would rather have been scrapbooking!

    Sounds like you have your hands full with the newest family member!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)