Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pop Up Bouquet Card 2


Happy Mother's Day !




I made a pop up bouquet card last year and finally got around to making another !!!! 
Here is the link to last years card 

tutorial on how to make a pop up bouquet,
these are the instructions I used as printed in the book
and now posted online
http://www.marthastewart.com/907176/pop-card
YES, it is a tricky and time consuming project !










THIS is a much better photo taken in daylight and
after I added a couple of Pistachio Pudding card stock leaves
punched out with the retiring build a blossom punch.
The colors look more true in this photo, at least on my monitor.
The glitter doesn't show up very well in this photo though.



This card uses a few new sneak peek items from the NEW Stampin' Up! Idea Book 
(Demonstrators were able to purchase a select few items early). 
It also uses some of the new In Colors !







SUPPLIES USED:


Baked Brown Sugar (NEW!)  , Pistachio Pudding (NEW!)  , Strawberry Slush (NEW!), Very Vanilla card stocks

Copy weight / printer paper

Strawberry Slush (NEW!), Crisp Cantaloupe (NEW!) inks

ABC123 Sketch Alphabet (NEW!), Gingham Stampin' Around Wheel (NEW!), Mixed Bouquet, Flexible Phrases, Whimsical Words stamp sets

Window Framelits Die, Circles Bigz die,  Blossom punch , Lace Ribbon punch (retired), circle punch

Lattice embossing folder

Paper Piercer

Stickles glitter

Dimensionals

Stampin' Sponge and Brown Sugar ink to rub along the edges of the card front

I would recommend a stampamajig for the alphabet, I don't have one and had the worst time trying to get these letters to line up properly. I finally gave up and just used the sketchy letters alone, not using the outline letters set that match them. I still had issues with lining up the MOM as neatly as I liked, I called it a day with this, the best one of them all and yet still crooked. It may have just been me, too, getting frustrated and tired.


Thanks or looking =)







2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these cards!!! The pop up flowers are so fabulous!! Love the layers of of color on the front too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)