Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pop Up Cake Explosion Box Wedding Card



My newest pop up cake die inside of an explosion box project - done slightly differently than I have in the past (this version saves a little bit of time and uses less supplies). 

Two others I've made can be seen here










Closeup of cake topper - I added lots of details
to the basic bride and groom die cuts that the
Pop Up Cake die creates.
I cut out a black groom shape then 
carefully trimmed it out to create a tux,
gluing it in place over the white die cut groom
In fact, I even went so far as to create
two teeny tiny arms for the bride die cut ! 
It looked funny to me that she didn't have any.
The necklace bugs me though because I forgot
to make a super fine point out of tape for my pearl paint.
I used it straight from the bottle and it was too thick,
I wasn't able to make wee little dots to simulate pearls.....
Also, her arms aren't even enough for my liking,
but it was really difficult to even get them on there
after it was all assembled ! It would have been tricky
even if it hadn't been assembled when I tried to add
the arms , they are sooooooo tiny !
I water colored skin, hair.
This is a  US dime next to them to show size relation










7/8" scalloped circle punched Blushing Bride card stock 
and small scissors to make the tiny roses on the cake.

Here is a tutorial

Super thin strips of Pistachio  Pudding card stock wrapped 
around a toothpick to make the curly cues on the cake.









Texturz plate for the dry embossed designs on the sides of the 
cake that I then accented by painting on Lumiere paint.
I also added dots of pearlescent paper paint to simulate pearls
on the scallop portions of the Pink card stock (not shown). 













Outside of the box, roses made from paper punch flower shapes.
There are lots of tutorials online showing how to make these, 
here is one using a similar die cut shape though I did not use wire

I put a rhinestone in the centers for an extra touch








Inside of the box lid.
The lid was made out of a 6 1/8" square piece 
of card stock, scored in 1" from all edges. 

Use a digital designing software such as  My Memories Suite V4 
or My Digital Studio to make the writing in the square shape.
It took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to 
fit the way I wanted. 

I added a $20 bill origami folded into a heart,
adhered with repositionable tape 
and signed our names.






Not the best photo, since it was taken at the wedding from a distance - I forgot to take one of the package all wrapped up and with my dollar bill rose attached to the top (they were not doing a dollar dance I found out after I made the rose to give to them during the dance - it made a nice gift tie then!).















The stamped white squares are meant for writing on,
but they can add more photos if they'd like. 

The pink squares are 3 3/4",
the white  squares are 3 1/2"









Here is a simple pattern to give you an idea of how I
cut my 12" x 12" piece of card stock to create the box.




This makes a 4" square box.















SUPPLIES USED, all items are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:

Sizzix Pop Up Cake Die (I bought it from Stampin' up! several years ago)

Scalloped square and circle dies (I used Spellbinders nesting dies)

Paper trimmer

7/8" scallop circle - NEW,  from Stampin' Up! for the mini roses

Heart To Heart punch for the tiny heart on the "Love" panel"

Artisan Label Punch - NEW, for "Mr Mrs" tag on box top

Lace border punch - to create lacey ribbon around box

Eyelet border punch - to use to itty bitty circles for the flowers on the bouquet and boutonniere

Blossom punch to create the roses on the box top

sewing machine - for stitching on one of the panels


STAMPS:
Love Swirls - wheel
Loving Thoughts "Forever and Always"
Wonderful Words "Love"
Banner Greetings NEW "Mr and Mrs"
Hand Painted Petites - rose
Label Love - "Mr Mrs"
Calendar Alpha - for hand cut name banner on top of tag on box top

CARD STOCK AND INKS:
Blue Bayou,  retired
Blushing Bride, retired
Whisper White
Pistachio Pudding

Scrap of vellum
paper doily, something from my crafts stash

Though not exact, the Blue Bayou color is the closest card stock I had to coordinate with the gorgeous dresses the bride chose for her bridesmaids to wear.
Her flowers were pale pinks. Blushing Bride card stock looked the best out of my pale pink card stocks with the Blue Bayou despite her flowers actually being a super pale pink.




Thanks so much for looking =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)