Monday, June 17, 2013

25 good years








The truck image is from Stampin' Up!,
but I altered it to remove the apples and sign.
I broke down and bought this stamp brush set
since it is the same style of truck as my husbands.
I needed to alter it though, apples in the bed
were not going to work .

I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils.
This is the second time I've tried 
to color with them; I need practice ! 
I attempted to color in flames on the front
like his truck has.
I also added a teeny dot of blue paint
on the tail lights to resemble the blue dots
in the real tail lights on the truck.

The tire and wheel were created with various
size paper punches and a die. 
I tried to "stretch" the card stock
in the palm of my hand with an Empressor
stylus tool to try to give it some dimension
to imitate the round sidewall of the tire
as well as the center of the wheels.
I used dimensionals under the center cap
and to attach the tire/wheel
combo to the card front. 

The letters are from a Just Rite stampers
stamp set, stamped with white craft ink
that I heat embossed white over. 

The textured background was made 
with a texturz plate Stampin' Up! sold.
 I really need to see if anyone makes a "diamond plate" 
design embossing folder and order it from 
somewhere one of these days.

Card stock:
Whisper White
Basic Black
Real Red
Metallic Silver



Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome and your tire looks fantastic!! I've seen the diamond plate embossing on cards before so there must be a manufacturer somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and the stamp set! It would be better if they never put the apples in it!
    Do you need a diamond plate embossing folder?? It looks like you used one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that there is a true "diamond plate" design embossing folder available, yaay !

      Delete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)