Saturday, June 1, 2013

Graduation Then and Now Scrapbook Page









An 8.5" x 11" scrapbook page I put together to sit out on the table at the graduation party. I considered making an entire album of photos from all of his school years, then thought better of it. I didn't want to take a chance on food covered fingers messing up the pages since there were going to be dozens of people (little kids!) wandering about and eating all evening.


Cricut electronic die cut machine was used to cut out the numbers from silver card stock.

Heat embossed the letters on vellum.

Black brads, scrap of red card stock punched with a small circle punch.

Printed out the name and saying from my home printer (wasted a few pieces of paper in the process, my printer and digital designing programs are not compatible..........grrr!).  Brilliant Blue card stock from Stampin' Up!

Photos are backed with metallic silver card stock.

_____________________________________________________________

I woke up to a HUGE rise in the Mississippi River, storm / tornado / hail damage all around. I've done a quick look over the house and all seems fine other than limbs down and things blown about ( I was out at 6 AM in cloudy skies) other than the two feet of water in the front yard ! The water will continue to rise and quickly, hitting levels we saw in 2008 with certainty but quite likely going over (which causes great concern for me....................). I am thankful that we do still have a roof when there are so many people that do not. So many across the Midwest  have lost so much,  including loved ones, in this latest massive storm system and my heart breaks for them. Remember, the best way to help in any tragedy such as this is to donate to the American Red Cross.









1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderfully sweet page! I love the two graduations!!

    Stay safe and keep dry!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)