Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pop Up Graduation Cap (Mortarboard) Card











I found the links to instructions here
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/templates-f143/graduation-cap-pop-up-card-t493909.html

here is the direct link to a photo tutorial
http://extremecards.blogspot.com/2010/06/graduation-cap-pop-up-card-tutorial.html


I stamped a piece of acetate with Stazon black ink and a partially inked image from the Stampin' Up! Word Play set. I inked the other portion with a marker and white card stock then used other markers to draw flames, hoping it would resemble a rocket. I trimmed it out and glued it to a piece of white card stock underneath the stamped acetate. The acetate was attached with brads that I added glittery embossing powder to.

Star punches and a circle punch with a tiny bit of inking to resemble the moon were glued on top of black card stock that I stamped stars on.

The card front was supposed to resemble a "Shoot For The Moon" theme for the Graduate.



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I love the rocket added to the sentiment and the pop up hat is fabulous!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)