Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ships Ahoy Pop Up Card




A card  I made for my dad.

Stamp images are retired from Stampin' Up!
Ships Ahoy
Lighthouse
All Year Cheer II

I water colored the images with various colors of classic ink and an aquapainter.

The embossing folder is from Stampin' Up!, Square Lattice.

The twine is some old hardware department twine in my stash. I unraveled it into the three smaller strands.

I sponged light blue ink over a home made cloud template on the inside.

The ship was stamped then cut out to remove portions of the image. I attached it to a little
pop up tab I cut into the card. Teeny pieces of red card stock were trimmed to cover the flags on the stamped image.

I lightly painted white craft ink over the sails of the ship to tone down the black ink lines.







We no longer need a boat to get out , yaay ! The river is still quite high with more rain in the forecast it won't be getting back to normal pool soon. The flood waters are now out of the field, just barely back into the banks of the creek. There was seven feet of water out in that field during the flood !!!!  It still has several more feet to fall to get back to normal. What a stinky mess left behind ,  pee-eewwwww !





Thanks for looking !





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! The pop up ship is fantastic and I love the colors on this!

    I've been thinking about you a lot lately and hoping you are staying dry! I'm sure all of that water has left behind quite a mess...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)