Friday, July 26, 2013

Deer Leaping Through High Water - digiscrap pages




Practicing my digital scrapbook skills before my first 
real Creative Team commitment for a soon to be released kit at



I used the Ready Grow Kit:
a background paper,
a frame with drop shadow,
the chevron border. 

I inserted a text box
and used the Honey Script font
for my journaling,
color matching it to a green
pixel from the light green chevron.

I inserted another text box on the bottom of the frame,
used a light tan color then reduced the opacity
for June 2013. 


Quick and easy ! 









This is a second page I made using a before and after
shot of the leaping deer photo from the page above.
All items used are from the Ready Grow kit,
except for the text in the text box on the tag. 
The scalloped border is a punch shape in my 
digital design software I used that I paper filled
with a paper from the kit. 








And here is a bonus digital card front,
all items used except for the text,
are from the Ready Grow kit !
The scallop edge circle is 
a punch shape in my 
digital design software I used that I paper filled
with a paper from the kit.
( I should have used a small paper 
filled punch to cover the tail of the ribbon,
making it look like it ended on the card
not running off the edge........)



By the way, the photographs are some I took of a deer as it was walking down our flooded road this past June. It was a record setting flood in our area, the fourth highest on record. I had been outside looking at how close the water was getting to our house (others around us were already flooded) when I heard the water swishing noise, not quite sure what it was at first. Then I caught a glimpse of it through the trees, the deer moving through water that was midway up its back in search of high ground, dry ground.

I ran back inside the house to get my camera but without thinking, the door slammed behind me which frightened the deer. So much commotion, noise, as it was trying to leap out of the water, get away. I lifted my camera and pushed the shutter release button, hoping to catch a photo but no idea I got what I did. I was pretty excited with what I got ! I sent it to our local newspaper as a "Photo Of The Week" submission. It did not win (a little girl leaping between two beds in a hotel room did which drew some negative remarks in the sound off section), but it was printed in black and white as a sort of runner up at least !


Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo - that's a once in a lifetime photo if you ask me!!! Should have won in the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous pic. The best ones are always the ones that aren't posed!!! LOL!! I don't have a fancy camera but when my daughter comes over with hers, I love to snap away at the birds, animals and oh yes, the grandkids! IMHO, whoever judged the picture is probably not an animal lover!! Hopefully you weren't flooded...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages and card look wonderful! I love the ribbon and crochet flowers!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)