Friday, August 2, 2013

Countryside Hybrid Birthday Card, Masculine







I used the Countryside digital stamp,
this time I did not use the altered version of it.
I made (no apples or sign) as I have in the past.
It was printed in black ink with a basic ink jet printer
on Whisper White card stock.
I printed eight of them on one sheet
so I will have extras on hand.

I've been waiting all year to make a card with the image as is !
Although a 1956 Ford F100 truck has a special place in my heart,
I couldn't bring myself to buy the actual stamp set.
Once it was released as a digital image, I had to get it even though the apples sign
and  bushels of apples in the bed limit its use for me personally
(why I never bought the stamp set).
I then set out to alter it slightly and am pretty pleased with the outcome.

I chose this particular image for the recipient since
he grew up in a family that owned an apple orchard.
I remember picking apples there a few times when I was
younger and some of my relatives worked there
at one time or another. Sadly the orchard is no more....

He is a Chevy man, but I think using the old '56 Ford image
(my husband owns one, see a card I made with the image I altered here)
with apples in the bed will bring a smile to his face.
Especially since I tried to make it look like it had rust on it ;)



All supplies used are from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise.
I used colored pencils (Prismacolor) to color the image.
The apple was hand drawn on a scrap of
white card stock, cut out and water colored
with the ink from my Classic Stampin' ink pads.
I used Real Red and So Saffron with a touch
of Early Espresso for splatters.
Snip of a real twig for the stem.
Itty Bitty Banners stamp set with
Night of Navy ink and a bit of Early Espresso
around the edges.
Whisper White and Night of Navy card stock.
Unknown decorative paper from my scrap pile.





I received a nice little note that sent me to another blog
with a card that had a cool old car image on it.
That blog had a link to a new challenge site
that I just had to check out  -
male cards only !
I'm entering this card in their first challenge,
Anything Goes.
The Male Room Challenge Blog



Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. A great masculine card, and I'm sure the lucky person to recieve it will appreciate the apple connection....well worth the wait to use the image! It's perfect for our theme at The Male Room challenge, thanks for joining us

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely perfect! I'm sure he will overlook the whole Ford thing since it was created with so much love! Fantastic guy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card and beautifully coloured too - thanks for joining in our first challenge this week here in The Male Room - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)