Thursday, August 8, 2013

CT Projects - School's In Kit

My first "official" projects created from a new digital scrapping kit as part of my responsibilities for being on a Creative Team (my first time as a CT member !). This is a learning experience for me.

This is the newest kit from Graceblossoms4U - School's In !

As soon as I saw the sneak peak I had a few ideas. I even asked if there may be a photo frame made from rulers otherwise I was going to make one myself out of digital punches. The designer added one at my suggestion!

Once I was able to get the kit downloaded (it is a huge 242MB file) I went right to work putting my ideas into digital form. We are only required to make two projects, but I made four - quickly followed up by three of them being redone slightly differently (more about that later) !


I knew the arrows paper would be great for a graduation page with a quote, something along the lines of going in the direction of your dreams. So here is the first page:





Papers, star, tag (except for the text that I inserted over it) are all in the kit. I used a hexagon punch from the software to paper fill with the arrow paper . A rectangle punch enlarged and filled with other decorative papers from the kit are layered behind the photo. The star comes as is in the kit. The black quote from Dr. Seuss was a text box I filled  (you can find several Seuss fonts online).

Due to concerns of the designer, I redid this page and only used elements in the kit, other than the text box "Class of 2013" over the tag. Here is that sample:











The second page put the ruler frames to use. I already scrapped these photos with My Digital Studio last fall.



Star shape from the software paper filled, the red paper is torn with the paper tear feature in the software, the "ribbon" is made from the small single words in the digital kit all lined up. I added nothing extra to this page other than the text boxes over the tags.













Bookmarks ! These were fun to put together, I tried to use different elements from the kit on each one (yes, there are flowers in the kit!). However ALL TEXT  (other than the chalkboard letters) is my own, there is no word art /quotations in the kit.






Once again, due to concerns from the designer I redid this project. This time I made one bookmark then copied and pasted over and over. The bookworm and line of books come as is in the kit. I used one of the digital papers in the kit for the background. This is a good idea for teachers: insert students names into the bookmarks, print and hand out as a little Welcome Back To School gift ! These are sized to fit a standard piece of card stock (8 1/2" x 11"). You could design, print, cut and then laminate to make them a bit more sturdy.










Lastly I made a card. The original card here uses black that I added (there is no black in the kit) to make it pop, a "word art" I added (not in the kit) and the buttons that come in the kit were ever so slightly elongated to make the balloons. Oh, I also added hand drawn lines for the strings (a feature in the software).



I redid this one too for the same concerns that the designer expressed, removing the word art and all of the black layers. The Buttons were left round and strings were made with squished and reduced in size black rectangles to make thin straight lines.





As I said in the beginning, being part of a Creative Team is a learning experience for me, especially since it involves digital scrap booking. I look forward to playing with more digital kits. Perhaps I will get the hang of "clustering" embellishments the way other team members do, creating wow elements to their pages ! Then again, maybe keeping my projects more clean and simple is a good thing, they are a different take on what others do with the kits ?

Thanks for looking =)




1 comment:

  1. LOVE all of these!! My favorite is the one with the ruler frames!! So sweet!! I'm finally getting around again for visits!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)