Sunday, August 25, 2013

Jingle All The Way Holiday Card



I made four of these cards to send to Operation Write Home.
I really should be making an extra to keep out for my own personal holiday card stash !
Then again, I may skip making cards this year and go with store bought (gasp!),
using my time and supplies to make enough cards to fill a box for 
Operation Write Home instead.


The stamp image is from Stampin' Up!, Alphabet Soup.
The decorative paper is unknown from my stash.
I made the jingle bells with paper punches, scissors and a stylus.

Punch out a circle the size you would like your bell to be
(mine was 1" I think).
Use a tiny hole punch to make two small holes about a third of
 the way in from opposite sides. I used a 1/8" punch.
Use very small scissors to trim out a slice from the edge up to the 
tiny hole punch, curving it slightly.
Use a stylus to create the raised "seam" on the bell.

There are surely paper dies or cartridges for electronic cutting machines, but since I do not have any I came up with this fairly quick way to make my own paper jingle bell embellishments.




The kitten - now a big cat! - was being a menace, as usual.
She hopped up on my table as I was trying to take photos of my cards and would not leave the poster board alone. Needless to say, that put an end to my session.






Thanks for looking =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)