Monday, August 26, 2013

Solemn Stillness Crayon Resist Christmas Card


Two more cards I am sending in to 

I die cut white glossy card stock with a die from Stampin' Up!
I stamped the tree image from Solemn Stillness, Stampin' Up!
with Handsome Hunter ink.
Once it was dry, I scribbled with a white crayon over the 
areas of the tree I wanted to remain white, resembling snow.
I sponged two shades of blue inks onto the glossy card stock.
Once dry, I buffed the crayon area with a piece of facial tissue
to remove the extra ink and crayon wax. 
Once this is done, the brilliant white snow is revealed.
I stamped the swirls and stars stamp image from the same set
with gold acrylic craft paint (gold metallic ink doesn't show up well enough).

The stamped piece is layered onto card stock that I ran through the 
big shot machine with embossing folders from Stampin' Up!
I lightly sponged silver ink onto the raised snowflakes of the
navy blue piece. 

I created tags, hand cut with scissors and stamped
with greeting stamps from Stampin' Up!

The die cut snowflake is from the retired die strip
from Stampin' Up!

The punched stars are from a really old paper punch I bought
as part of a set nearly 20 years ago for my kids to play with.
Remember the old Betty Crocker points catalogs ?
That is where I bought the set of paper punches. 
 They never did use them and now I have them in my craft room !
I have only used one of them myself......... so far. 

This reminds me, I need to find their old stamp sets
and maybe put some of them to use for kids cards
to send in to Operation Write Home.
I bought many sets of childrens rubber stamps
years and years ago for my kids to play with before I ever heard of 
crafty rubber stamping for cardmaking, scrapbooking, etc.
I even bought a make your own stamp kit from what was at 
the time a pretty popular in our area home show business,
 Discovery Toys. 
Funny to think I provided them with stamps and inks and paper
(among oh so many other crafty things) so long ago
and now I am the one constantly "playing" with rubber and ink !




Hyla kitten catnapping on my desk........
no more card making today !




Thanks for looking =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)