Saturday, September 14, 2013

Always and Forever - CT Projects

It's here, a new release from Grace Blossoms 4 U (I'm part of the creative team !) - along with the big announcement that her designs are part of the ScrapsNPieces store. Everything in her new store at ScrapsNPieces is 40% off through September 30th  !!!







LOVE the colors in the kit being released September 15th, Always and Forever ! I've always been kind of partial to a teal/turquoise color (and blue and red and browns and.....!) . I even had my first car repainted a teal color !











Here is my first project -
and my first attempt at trying to cluster 
lots of different embellishments. 
I need practice ! With scrap booking in general.
I knew exactly what picture(s) I was going to use
on a layout when I first saw this kit..........
perfect to use on these oh so old photos.
I loved that dress !!!!!
I knew that I'd never have another opportunity
to wear a hoop dress, so I splurged and 
bought myself this dress. Luckily for me,
although it had been custom made and was 
very expensive, I bought it second hand
from a girl at another school
which saved me some money.
I easily resold it the following year to a girl
from yet another school.
That dress was making the rounds !
I've always wondered if it was passed on
any more or if the girl  I sold it to kept it. 










My second project I decided to try to see if I could
come up with a "masculine" page with kit only components.
It's always nice to see the versatility in something.

The dark mottled paper reminded me
of asphalt then as I was looking at the embellishments,
an idea struck: could I use the stitching to
replicate tire tread marks on asphalt ? 

The background paper ought to be reduced
in opacity ever so slightly so the stitching tread marks
show up a bit better though I think.
They are on the left of the page, under the text box
and running up towards the top of the page.

The stitching is lots of little traingles.
I copied and pasted it , flipping it the opposite 
way each time I pasted to vary the design.
Once I had several rows of stitching flipping back and forth
to kind of resemble tire tread mark, I grouped, copied and pasted
the group over to make the second tread mark.





Both pages use only content found in the kit and as is.
The only added thing extra was the white border around the
automobile photos as well as my text boxes.





ANNOUNCING A SITE WIDE SALE  AT SCRAPS-N-PIECES! 


The digital kits will work with most digi scrapping programs !
I know I will be looking to see what entire digi kits
are on sale - for as low as $1 per kit !!!!
I use My Digital Studio and
My Memories Suite software;
the digi content does work with them.
However the kits are not the program
specific installer files as you would buy directly from
Stampin' Up! or My Memories. You will need to download
the standard files then choose where you want to
install them on your computer / folders if
you want to run it straight from a program such as
MDS or MMS. I just leave my kits in their
own folders on an external hard drive.



Thanks for looking =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)