Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bottle Cap Vintage Birthday Card

















I must say, this is one of the fanciest, bulkiest, most embellished cards I have ever made. I don't make many of them since they wouldn't survive being mailed too well plus cost much more to mail especially since I would want to place them in padded envelopes.

I made this for my moms birthday. It was hand delivered along with a little gift I made (and will share tomorrow). She, my daughter, my sister and I went out to lunch. The previous afternoon, the day of her actual birthday, I cooked all morning then delivered a complete meal to she and my dad. I don't know how cooks do it: I labored for several hours, juggling different dishes and trying to time them so they would get done in time and at about the same time, not to mention all of the dirty dishes I created as well as running out of space to cook in ! But, it was all worth it since it was her birthday dinner , which dad said she needs more birthdays so he can have dinner delivered more often, ha ha ! I'd like to note that this is not the first meal I've cooked and delivered to them  (or had them to my house for) though, he was just being funny :)

Anyway, on to the card.
Although I like to think it was all my own creation, I'm sure I was inspired from cards I've seen at one time or another. Certain details may have stuck in the back of my mind and I used them on this card.

Nearly everything used on this card was from Stampin' Up! Just the smashed bottle cap and acrylic craft paint came from somewhere else.

Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla and Textured Chocolate Chip card stock
Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Pink Pirouette inks
cream acrylic craft paint
Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Apothecary Accents die set
7/8" scallop circle punch
butterfly punch
butterfly embosslits die
Around Array, Well Worn Words, French Script stamp sets
wide striped grosgrain ribbon
mini pearl accents
scoring board and stylus (inside card)
bottle cap - smashed in the Big Shot machine
     "Sandwich" to smash a bottle cap:
               cutting pad
                bottle cap
               cutting pad
        platform with no tabs


Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the bottle cap charm you made. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I'm sure your Mom loved her special card! You are such a great daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)