Thursday, September 26, 2013

Country Shelf Cards


 
Three more cards for Operation Write Home ! Normally I make every single card different, but this time I decided to make some multiples - to fill my box faster since I wanted to beat the deadline and make it a bit easier on myself !

This is such an old set from Stampin' Up!, if I remember correctly the sticker said 1995 !
It is a wooden shelf and three different scenes to stamp on top of it.

Stampin' Up! doesn't make images like these anymore and I miss them. Sure, they are not as versatile as some sets, but they sure are pretty , detailed images that are fun to color in!


I used decorative paper (from Lasting Impressions) to resemble wall paper. It doesn't look right to me to use this set on plain white paper and it is not an easy image to trim out around to mount on top of colored paper.

I'm headed to the Post Office tomorrow with my box of 231 cards. I had room to get in a couple dozen more , but did not have enough time. Had I made many more multiples of cards, it would have been accomplished, but I like to make a variety of cards.  If I hadn't made so many Christmas cards (118), I could have made more to fill in the empty space and mailed it off later. Due to the holiday cards, I had to get it out now so the shippers have time to sort, pack and send them off to the troops overseas.

I'll still be posting cards, there are several holiday cards that I have not shared yet then I made lots of blank cards as well as a few birthday, miss you and love cards. If I post them every couple of days, I may have enough projects to share for the rest of the year !

Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen this one... That is a lot of cards! I'm still chugging away on my box, but I really need to focus on making cards only for them so I can mail it off soon!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)