Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall !






I love the Lovely Leaves stamp set
from Stampin' Up!,
it makes such pretty images for 
fall cards and scrapbook pages. 

To achieve the multi colored look,
 you can color the stamps directly with 
watercolor crayons or water based markers
or do as I did here, stamp the rubber onto
the lightest color of ink pad first, then carefully
roll the edges on the pad of a middle color
then do the very edges the same way with the 
darkest color ink pad. 
You can stamp as is or 
lightly spritz it with water before stamping
 to blend the colors even more. 







Right on time: after a week of the upper ninety temperatures 
and huigh humidity, unusual for this time of year,
fall is arriving with a cool front and
 some much needed rain for our area !!!

It was perfect weather for a 90 minute drive 
to a car show around an old town square yesterday.
Funny, I go to a car show and take more photos
of the really old buildings than the cars on display ;)
I've always looked at the old buildings when I 
see any. They sure don't make them like the used to.
I even managed to get a little sunburned !


Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. Your leaves are gorgeous!! This is such a pretty card and I love the sentiment.
    Thankfully, we are having wonderful fall weather here as well. I love being able to open the windows again.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)