Wednesday, September 4, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge #188

The sketch is slightly altered for the above sample.

Whisper White and Silver metallic card stocks, SU!
silver sticker paper
Silver Encore Ink
Opalite Arctic Emerald ink (it looks silver on this silver sticker paper)
Four The Holidays stamp, SU!
Snowflakes stamp set, SU!
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
rhinestone






This is the made with the measurements from the sketch.
Egads, this got away from me, far too busy ! 
Not to mention that I did not make a copy of the sketch, 
noting that the banners are supposed to slightly overlap 
each other. No wonder it looked so off to me ,
I should have gone back and checked the sketch !

Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, silver metallic card stocks
Basic Gray, Real Red and Versamark inks
red colored pencil
clear embossing powder
Need For Speed stamp set, SU!
Celebrate Today, SU!
Think Happy Thoughts stamp set, SU!
Tire tread stamping around wheel, SU!
Gingham stampin around wheel, SU!
circle punches






This is what the sticker paper looks like.
I found it at a fundraiser garage sale for a local gallery.
It was $1.00 for the nearly full package.
I bought it hoping to use it for something crafty,
maybe stamping related. 
It says it is polyester metallic laser labels, made by cisl out of England

I see prints on aluminum for sale at photo stores,
so it might be fun - or a disaster!- to try to print on them
with my ink jet printer =) 
I'm voting disaster, I have a feeling it won't work
(the ink won't dry) and it may get jammed in
my old printer as it spools around.
Then there is the math to figure out how to line up
where it should print to get on the sticker itself.....
you can be sure if I try it, I will post about it ! 







Here is the sketch and link for you to play along, too . 








Thanks for looking =) 




3 comments:

  1. Your silver sticker paper would look very pretty embossed. Good luck printing on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna - I have run it through an embossing folder and it is gorgeous ! I lightly sanded the raised areas to reveal the shiny silver underneath, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Don't you hate it when those sketches rearrange themselves while you're creating?! I LOVE that silver paper and can't wait to see all of the fun things you make with it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)