Sunday, September 1, 2013

OWH VCMP 5 - Masking Tape Stamping


My final card for the night for the Virtual Card Making Party at Operation Write Home. There have been lots of fun challenges, be sure to check out the master list here.

The challenge for this card was to
make a card with the Masking Tape Block Stamping Technique.


Mine did not turn out quite as I had hoped, but I'll still use it. I thought maybe if I tore lots of little pieces in random shapes then inked and stamped in a couple of colors it might maybe look sort of like old leather.
Not quite, maybe because in part I started with too light of card stock as the base. Oh well, it was a fun experiment.

Stamp image, retired Equestrian Dream from Stampin' Up!

Creamy Caramel card stock
Close To Cocoa, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze inks





This is the masking tape "stamp".
I inked it and randomly stamped it in all
 directions on the card stock. 

The tape is kind of neat looking,
maybe I will try to reuse it on a piece 
of card stock as a sort of  "decorative paper" piece accent. 



Thanks for looking =)

3 comments:

  1. it looks great, and I think you achieved the leather look... love the textured look to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect - it's is unique... but not now cause people are going to case it! Beautiful horse too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh... I think your leather background is fabulous!! It goes so well with the horse too! Terrific guy card!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)