Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Haunting We Will Go Halloween Swing Card

Taking a short break from posting some of the 250 cards I made and donated to Operation Write Home recently to share the Halloween cards I made this year. All of them were made with really old stamp images from Stampin' Up!











This is an image from the old A Haunting We Will Go stamp set by Stampin' Up! The image is colored with inks from my  classic ink pads and an aquapainter.

Here is a link to a swing card tutorial,
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/swing_flip_flop_card/

The HEE HEE HEE image is from Stitched Witch and the stars/moons image is from Halloween Backgrounds set, both of which were also from Stampin' Up!   Best Witches is from Bats About You, Stampin' Up! - all stamp sets are long ago retired.

Pumpkin Pie, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Whipser White card stocks

Purple rick rack, unknown

I hand made the swing part of the card, stamping and cutting the image first. After I had that piece complete, I knew how big to make the base portion of the swing area. I measured it out, drew light pencil lines then cut it out with and Xacto blade along a metal edge ruler. I use  this method to create different shape swinging portions, too, such as the star on this patriotic card .

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)