Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Autumn On My Mind - CT Projects



 









Created with the new kit Autumn On My Mind by designer Grace Blossoms 4 U at Scraps-N-Pieces.com   The kit is on sale for  $3.00 for one week only; it will go back to the normal price of $5.99 on the 7th of October. Everything other than the photos and text boxes that I used on these pages are in the kit.

I think I may get the hang of  "clustering" yet ! Honestly, both pages I normally would have stopped at the photos and the background swirly elements, not adding much else. Seeing how the other creative team members for Grace Blossoms 4 U have been piling on the elements in past projects, I decided to try my hand at it on both of my projects this month.

TIP: To fill a shape with multiple images in a digital scrapbooking program such as My Digital Studio or My Memories Suite, copy and paste the shape in place adding a different image each time. The images will need to be reduced, moved, etc to get them to fit properly. I will admit, this took the most time on the page and did cause a few headaches in the process, but in the end I am pleased with how the collage looks !

The text wrapping also took quite a bit of time. This is the first time I have really used that feature in My Memories Suite. I like the effect, but it can be tricky to get the words to fit just so. You may need to resize the font or even add / subtract words to make it fit the way you'd like.


I just got back from a weekend trip to a huge car show celebrating Route 66. I took a few photos, although not nearly as many as I would have liked. I also did not get any along the trip since I drove my own car the entire way. There really isn't much to see anyway: mostly soybean and corn fields. Maybe a few of the photos will be scrap worthy for future creative team projects - I have yet to look at them !

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Love both of these! The colors really scream fall and go well with the photos... LOVE THE TRUCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are wonderful! What a great way to show off all of those wonderful scarves!! I love the circular text on the first one!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)