Saturday, October 5, 2013

OWH WCMD Blog Hop 2013







I mailed 250 cards to Operation Write Home on October 1st (I've been posting them the past few weeks and will continue to do so for the next few). The above card was one of several Any Hero cards I included in the box.
Nearly full box !  I stopped at 250 cards -
I wanted to get them in well before the holiday deadline
since half of the box was holiday cards.




World Card Making Day blog hop at Operation Write Home guidelines:  make Thank You cards and use one of their sketches.

My card is loosely based on the sketch below. I tilted it and made the rectangle a star.

I also made it into a "swing card" or as some people call it, a "flip flop" card.
I did not include full instructions to keep this post short, however there are a couple external  links above if you would like to know how to make this type of card. I'll post my step by step another day.

I used a stencil image traced with pencil then hand cut with an Xacto knife to make the "swinging" star.

The red and blue pieces were run through a stripes embossing folder before adhering to the card.

Stamp image colored with markers; image from Stampin' Up!







Thanks for stopping by my page for the World Card Making Day Blog hop at Operation Write Home !

Continue hopping  for more  inspiration at the 125+ blogs that are participating =)



Unfortunately I am unable to participate today due to wedding obligations, but am looking forward to spending some down time the next few days visiting the other participants pages !


41 comments:

  1. Wow, that's not only a great card, it's super clever! I really like that you kept it more CAS by not repeating the star motif in the embossing. Thanks for the mini tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the tri-fold. Your star is great and the embossing addds great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love the flip style card design with the star cut out!! Great job! :) Happy World Card Making Day fellow craft friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Heather. So impressive that you hand cut the swing star! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I'd love to find directions for this.
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    http://delitefulsuds.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Any Hero card! And you cut the star by hand?! You've got a steadier hand than me! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliantly creative, Heather!!! I love your card and WOW.....150 cards for OWH!!! You are smok'n lady!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how this card is CAS and yet not. Excellent design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that swing card! It really stands out! radloffjen at cableone dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "swing" in your card makes it super special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I like the colors - love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your swing card...perfect bright patriotic colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your swing card. I have tried to make a couple, but they didn't turn out as nice as yours. Fantastic card for OWH. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to try this. I really like this card. Happy World Card Making Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Patriotic theme. The star is just fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I love swing fold cards and that big, shiny star is perfect for this patriotic card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the swinging star. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely swing card! You have been a busy bee! Great alteration of the sketch. Happy WCMD, hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cards with motion and your swing card is outstanding! And I am so impressed that you had 250 cards to mail....that is so exciting-- that is at least 500 people who will be impacted in such a wonderful way by your generosity!!! Thanks for your support of OWH and our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a very nice, clean and handsome card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sending us off for tutorials on how to do this. Love your choice of a patriotic theme. Thanks for your support of OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this CAS card with all the different thank you messages! Way to go on getting your cards out so soon!! I know Sandy will appreciate that. Best wishes on the wedding ~ Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome card and way to go on sending in 250 cards! That is amazing! Thanks for supporting OWH and our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Red/White/Blue ... Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card and I really like the way you folded it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card I love the star
    Thank you for sharing
    Amanda :)
    A.J.’s Digi Shoppe

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun fold and yet the whole card still keeps a CAS feel to it! Thanks for supporting OWH
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a super cool effect on this! The star looks like it floats. I am sure any hero who gets this is gonna love it and be showing it around. Glad you were able to join in the hop. Thanks for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card makes a great impact! You did a great job cutting that star. I can only imagine the mess I would have made with that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your clever card design. The recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this card, clean and simple but with a twist! I'm super impressed at your box of cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the star swing card, what a great idea for our heroes! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Terrific card! I love the star with the stripes embossing-so patriotic! I am sure your cards will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)