Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Swing Card How To





Here are the basic instructions for the swing / flip flop
card I made for the blog hop this past weekend.





Cut your card base to size.
I used an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of 
card stock to start.
I folded it in half creating a 
4 1/4"  x 5 1/2" card base. 

Take the right side edge of the 
card front and fold it back over
to the left folded side of the front.
Crease the fold line.

Open it back up.

Lightly trace the shape you wish to make
the swing part on the right half of the fold.
NOTE: There are tricks to
making this type of card using
dies and die cut machines,
there are even special 
dies or cartridges to make them
with die cut machines.
I am showing you how 
to make one without 
these fancy tools. 

Carefully cut around the 
traced line on the right half 
of the card front.
Be sure to open the card flat first,
you don't want to cut through both layers ! 

Fold the card front back over
along that fold line you made,
leaving the cut out portion flat.

You will want to cut out another piece,
the entire shape and size of the "swing "
part, to cover the creased piece.
I traced and cut out the same star shape,
but I cut it slightly smaller
than the original stencil size.

Stamp and adhere to the "swing" part.

You can add layers of decorative paper,
emboss, stamp, etc to decorate 
the sides of your swing card
if you like.
I cut two pieces of card stock to fit,
trimmed out the star shape,
ran them through and embossing folder
and glued them to the card front. 


Thanks for looking =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)