Saturday, November 16, 2013

BBQ and Fireworks Digital Kit








Here they are, my first Creative Team projects for JMC Designs !

I used the BBQ and Fireworks kit from her store at Scraps-N-Pieces.com. I had a tough time deciding which kit to choose to create with first, she has lots of fun kits in her store. The patriotic set won in the end as it will be the most versatile for me. Not only is it a great kit for fireworks and BBQ pages, you can easily make masculine/boy pages, feminine pages, "country" pages,  hero , even shoot for the moon/you're a star pages !










My fist page is pretty straightforward. Decorative papers are paper filled into the shapes feature from the My Memories Suite program. Some stitching around the edge of the background paper. The big bow is made from one single gingham bow rotated and layered over itself four times. I inserted a fun little "flair"  to the center of the big poofy bow I made.












The second page also uses items from the kit, but it is not patriotic at all !
The torn edge white core paper was created by copying and pasting in place then slightly reducing in size and changing the color of one of the layers. Top layer yellow and slightly smaller, bottom layer white. The paper tear feature is found in Photos of the My Memories software.

To make the curving text, click on Text, insert text then the little options to create inside or outside round and square text boxes show up. It can take some patience to get the text to fit perfectly though.













My last project is a set of two cards. I designed each card front individually (custom size of 4.25" x 5.5") then using Photoshop Elements, I made it into a single 8.5" x 11" page to be printed out, cut and folded to create two cards. Unfortunately my printer did not have enough ink to show you how they would look finished. If you'd like to do something like this, make certain your printer can print edge to edge or else adjust your project accordingly. Mine won't print edge to edge, so to solve that problem I made the cards mostly white making sure all edges were white. Truly if I wanted to print out cards, I'd have them done elsewhere so as not to use up all the ink in my printer or have it run out in the middle of a job.

The banner Shapes on my cards that I paper filled were created custom from the Shapes feature in My Memories. Click Add Shape, Rectangle, the choose EDIT on the lower left of the shape chooser screen. Another window pops up that allows you to play with the basic shape to make your own. I've made several different shapes and saved them for future use.








Here is a diagram to show you how you would cut and fold the printed page.







Here is the misprint. I'll just flip it over and use the card stock for a hand stamped card.



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such an amazing job on the digital pages and cards! They all look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)