Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Miss You SNOW Much




I thought that would be a cute sentiment to put inside this card to send to Operation Write Home for a Hero to write home to a loved one on =)

This card is for the Midweek Throwdown : Dry Embossing on the web site. I used an embossing folder on the back ground and a brass template to dry emboss the snowman. It's difficult to tell in the photo, but the snowman face has raised features.





Supplies used:
-Whisper White and Basic Black card stock, Stampin' Up!
-Textured white core light blue card stock is actually half of a premade card from a box full I bought
-Northern Frost (?) embossing folder, Stampin' Up!
-Snowman brass template, Lasting Impressions
-Stylus
-Markers to highlight some of the raised details
-Chalk rubbed on his cheeks
-Scissors to trim out the snowman
-Sandpaper to lightly scuff the raised embossed snowflakes


I've shared dozens and dozens of holiday cards over the past couple of months that I sent to Operation Write Home in early October . This week I will post the Thanksgiving cards I am mailing to family then I will start posting the every day cards I donated to OWH. I have a LOT of those to share as well (I sent 250 cards total!). In fact, there are so many I may not have them all posted by the end of the year since I will be sharing other projects of my own as well.


Oh, and that snow that was forecast for us earlier in the week after a perfect, warm, sunny fall weekend ? It amounted to nothing much more than a dusting. This is the earliest snow fall for our area I can remember in years. I'm beginning to wonder if what mom told me she heard about this going to be a bad weather for us is true..........   then again it is to be very warm, humid, windy with thunderstorms tomorrow. Very springlike weather for our part of the USA and unusual this time of year. Crazy weather !
This photo was taken at 10:30 AM after most of it had melted. 



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Your snowman is adorable and this is such a great card for OWH!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)