Monday, November 18, 2013

Mums and Leaves Thanksgiving Cards

Before I share my project I wanted to let my followers know that we are okay. Severe weather hit our area yesterday, spawning some tornadoes in the state. Many areas were obliterated. There is damage all across the bi-state caused by the 60-70 mph winds. We were without power, strangely later in the evening after the storms had passed . Thankfully it was such a warm day, setting a record of 80 degrees for the day, so I was not concerned about lack of heat since there was no power. I decided to try to make the best of it, home alone in the dark, by working on sorting out some holiday cards I had already made. The light of the full moon streaming through the windows and a few battery operated lights produced enough light to work by for a while.











S0214106

S0224109

S0194102

S0204103


If you follow my blog, you may recognize these flowers and leaves. They were created for table decorations for my cousins wedding last month. One of them was sent back home with me so I could reuse the flowers. I requested that they not be thrown away after all the work I put into them (hours and hours and hours!). The Grooms mother kept hers, but my aunt, the Mother of the Bride, gave me theirs back. I reused some of the flowers and leaves on the DVD case I made for them for the videos and photos we took of the wedding.


There are two cards, I will give one to my mother and one to my sister at Thanksgiving dinner.

Papers from an old Die Cuts With A View jumbo fall stack. Card stocks, inks, stamps (Lovely Leaves) and dies (Daisy) were from Stampin’ Up!

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the flowers and agree on all of the work not being wasted!! What a great way to reuse them!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)