Thursday, December 26, 2013

Handmade Greeting Card Box













This is the box I made from chipboard that came with a pack of 12 x 12 paper. It is the perfect size to hold a dozen hand made cards. I gifted it to my mom for Christmas.

I've given the dimensions above. Score, cut and glue together.

It is covered with designer paper (retired Sycamore Street) from Stampin' Up! using a strong double stick tape to adhere the paper to the chipboard. I covered the sides by attaching two separate pieces, one piece would cover two sides. The piece of paper I cut to cover the lid is 1/8" in width and length than the cardboard piece.

The flowers on the top are made with textured card stock from Stampin' Up! and the new spiral flower die that will be in the Occasions Mini Catalog. These were the very first flowers I made with it so they don't look so great. The second set I made for another box (I'll share it once I complete the set of cards that will go in it) look a bit better.

The ribbon is also retired and was a special bundle from a Stampin' Up! Saleabration a while back.

Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss card stocks were also used as well as a retired flower punch to create the leaves.

The scallop circle was cut with a die from Nestabilities.

I'll share the cards I made to go in it in another post.


I haven't done a challenge in such a long time. I already had the box made when I saw this challenge so since it hadn't been posted yet, I will enter it. Be sure to read the spotlight artists blog post and drool over her fabulous paper flowers !
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2013/12/in-spotlight-and-mini-challenge-with.html



Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely project Heather - and I love your flowers, they look so good in the textured cardstock. Thanks for sharing your box with us at ABAC Mini Challenge this month. Best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Heather! I saw this on ABAC and then realized who made it! So glad you played along with the mini challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)