Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ornament Keepsakes Ornament



There will be a photo here










My crafting can be like my fashion sense, far behind the current trends! With that being said, here is my very first attempt at making an ornament from the coordinating ornament stamps and die set that Stampin' Up! sold last year.

These ornaments were everywhere on the internet, but I never broke down and bought the set / dies last year . As much as I liked the project, I really did not need another ornament set (I do have the stamp set with matching punch from several years ago already) . Plus, the project looked quite time consuming. In the end, I caved and bought them (I really need to work on my willpower!).

As soon as they arrived, I made this ornament  - and haven't touched the set since !!!!!!!!! It was indeed far too time consuming and would have taken much too long to make a half dozen of them to give out as gifts to my aunts and uncles as I planned. It was just as well that I did not invest all of that time as I didn't make it to our family party due to inclement weather anyway.

I would love to make one for my sister and mother, but am afraid as much as they would like them they wouldn't really want them. They, like myself, have cut back on holiday decorating.

I am not going to go into detail on how to make these since there are surely hundreds of tutorials online already.

I chose Wisteria Wonder and Vintage Violet inks from Stampin' Up! to stamp with.

I used scraps of lace from my old sewing supplies stash rather than tulle that was shown on the sample on the front of the old Holiday catalog.

I applied clear drying liquid glue to all the edges of the ornaments then sprinkled them with glitter.

The metal snowflake brad , silver ribbon and polka dot purple card stock are from my craft supply stash.



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! My sister and I made several of these last year for my mom and her sisters. Very time consuming, but they all loved them.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)