Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hand Made Card Box #2




This is the second card box I made from scratch
and filled with hand made cards to give as a 
Christmas gift.

It uses more papers from the retired 
Sycamore Street paper pack 
and ribbon from
Stampin' Up!

I also used the new spiral flower die to create
the roses on the top, using 
Rich Razzleberry and Kiwi Kiss card stocks.
The leaves are not included on the die, 
so I used an old flower parts punch.
The scalloped circle die is a Nestabilites.

I finally got it mailed out
last week: I'd been housebound due to so much 
snow and sub zero temps. I was NOT going
out unless I absolutely needed to
(which I did not !). 
I also had to wait for the special batting
I needed for the second project 
to be delivered since I have no local
stores that sell that sort of thing. 

I am currently waiting for a second
order of  100% cotton batting snd thread to arrive,
I ran out of the first batch quickly.
Yep, it was one of those rescheduled several times
type of deliveries due to weather and the holiday.
After three changes in the delivery date, it should be here today !!!!
I'm ready for it =) 

My plan is to make several of the bowl cozies,
each with a coordinating greeting card,
and try to sell them to friends/family. 
I think it would be neat to package up
with a bag of soup mix 
or something similar, too.


I'll share the cards I made to go in the box tomorrow. 
Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Your box is gorgeous and I love those flowers! I have yet to play with mine... Hope you are staying safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)