Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Minnie Mouse Cards



How cute are these fairly simple cards ?! 
As I was making cards to donate to 
Operation Write Home,
I decided to dig through an old box
of rubber stamps I had for my children 
to play with many years ago. 
Some of the stamps were bought for myself
nearly 30 (yes thirty! I admit it...) years ago,
other stamps were bought specifically
for the kids to play with.
I never heard of making cards and such
with stamps, I just liked to stamp them
on pieces of paper I wrote letters 
to pen pals on many years ago.
This Minnie Mouse stamp is one I bought
for myself and I totally forgot I had her !
I keep the old "kids stamps" in another part of 
my "craft dungeon" so I never think to look through them.
I'm glad I did - and now must remember I have some
of those stamps I had forgotten about ! 

Anyway, I don't know the stamp manufacturer
and I am pretty sure that it was bought,
of all places, at our local Spencer's store.
Way back when, they used to have a tiny section
of rubber stamps and stickers. 
That was the only section of the store I could shop in :)
Sticker collecting was quite popular at the time,
companies even made scratch and sniff stickers
and special books to collect stickers in. 
Yes, I had (have!) one of them. 
Maybe I should go dig it out of the attic
and share it someday...........


Back to the card:
I cut my own tag to stamp Minnie on.
She was colored with markers.
I used a Texturz plate to give the white background
some embossed polka dots.
The scallop circle was stamped and 
then punched, adding a punched 1/4" circle 
of black as a "faux brad".
I left the card blank inside so it could be 
used for any occasion - 
and sent to Minnie Mouse lovers, young and old alike !


I plan to share many more of the cards I donated
to Operation Write Home over the next month.



Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! I love the sweet Minnie cards! But how can you have stamps that are nearly 30 when you're only 29 (wink!). Must have been a gift on the day you were born!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)