Wednesday, January 1, 2014

OWH Top 13 of 2013



http://operationwritehome.org/starsandstamps



Wow, that was a tough task : choosing my thirteen favorite cards that I have shared here on my blog over the past year. I had so many to choose from, many of the 254 I sent to Operation Write Home last October have yet to be posted so I couldn't even choose any of them! I have personally sent in 804 cards to date. I took a break from posting all of the cards I made and donated to share holiday projects for a while. I plan on sharing more of the donated cards over the next month  - and likely start on another box to be sent in =)

Stop by tomorrow to see my ten favorite crafty projects I made last year.

Without further ado, so you can get busy hopping along to all the other fabulous Top 13 Blog Posts, here are my favorites, in no particular order:







Longboard skateboard card and miniature stickers created with My Digital Studio












Pop Up Bouquet for Mother's Day card
















Graduation cap (mortarboard) pop up card


















Cascading ZigZag flowers and butterflies die cuts card












"Roman Shade" fold up card -
first time I've ever made something like this !
tutorial














Bottle cap birthday card -
first time to use (and squash!) a bottle cap

















I played around with paper and 
a circular around the page punch for quite some time
to create this pop up umbrella shower card all on my own
tutorial








Non traditional wedding card for a fall wedding











I was so happy to find this old patriotic stamp set from Stampin' Up!
I put it to use making a set of cards to donate to Operation Write Home.
This is just one of the various cards I made.








Slew of my Santa face cards I made and donated
to Operation Write Home
tutorial













Pink 1966 Mustang Card - partial to this one as I love Mustangs.
This was donated to Operation Write Home along with
several other car and truck image cards.












This is a swing card that I made an origami fold Christmas tree
to attach to for a fun gift.












Don't Let Anyone Pick Your Wallet 
money gift card - so much fun to design!
tutorial




Thanks for looking, now keep on hopping
for many more inspiring ideas:

19 comments:

  1. That cascading flowers card is just beautiful! Wow! I love the different techniques you've used... and those Santa cards. I totally need to CASE that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers...all those 3d cards make my head hurt. ;) Seriously...I have put your wallet card on my CASE list! Tfs and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so interesting and I love all the different techniques you used. I'm going to have to try them out for myself. You've donated so many cards to OWH - it's incredible. Great job and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing, creative collection of cards! I love those money trees, and the pink mustang, as I'm an old muscle car/hot rod enthusiast :) Well done on all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather...I accidently deleted your comment, oops. To answer your question the retro car image can be foundathttp://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com. The mecahnic was a free Birdie Brown image. Unfortunately it is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for the information, Linda!

      Delete
  6. What a diverse collection of cards! Loved your fold and zig zag cards, but really smiled seeing those Santa faces. All the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw- I love the texture, dimension and interactive nature of your cards- outstanding!! The roman shade is so unique- and the oragami Christmas tree is so fun! And I am impressed with the number of cards you made and donated! It is so cool that Sandy sends the totals on our receipts- I am amazed how quickly the total climbs! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are wonderful. I especially like the cascading flowers and butterflies card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! Beautiful clever crafty cards. My favorite is the shutter card...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so unique. I just love the umbrella card. I love them all, but that one stood out. Thank you for sharing your talent. April

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -- gorgeous cards! I have always been impressed with your vintage car cards. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific choices Heather! Wow, there are so many unique designs and techniques in this group. Those Santa's are sweet and my first card was a Mustang, so that one really caught my eye too.Thanks for sharing these and best wishes for a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all this variety of fancy fold cards! My favorite of your collection is the fall wedding card with the beautifully inked leaves and the delicate background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my! Love your interactive cards. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! love that grad hat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Heather, what a treat to see your cards! The pop-up cards are amazing; I've never tried that technique! The Santas are SO cute; I think I will case that design for sure! Have fun and keep up the great work in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I could pick only 13 favorites... Love the ones you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are amazing!! I can't wait to try some of these! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)