Saturday, February 22, 2014

Firefly Shaker Card



"You Light Up My Life"
card created for the 
I also used one of their sketches, # 2




I originally made this little firefly to use on 
the I Love You S'more card I shared recently,
but decided against it so I 
made this card with the little bug. 



The papers are from an old 
Die Cuts With A View Spring paper stack
Also black card stock, metallic silver card stock and acetate.


Polka dot ribbon, unknown
and attached with hot glue.


Yellow acrylic craft paint sponged onto the
black card stock to create
the look of a lightning bugs glow in a
jar at night.....not quite as I had envisioned though.


Paper piercer and mat 







 "Shaker" part of the card for the bug in the jar

Stamp jar on front piece of card stock and cut out center.

Stamp on piece of acetate with Stazon ink, apply double stick tape
to both sides. It will be sandwiched between the 
black card stock front piece and card board.
(omit double stick tape on one side if you are using
a double stick foam tape)

Stamp and cut out center of jar from thin cardboard ,
this is to make the depth for your shaker.
OR
use a thick double stick foam mounting tape
adhered around the edge of the jar opening.
I don't have any so I used an old light bulb box.

Sponge paint on inside piece of card stock that
the bug will rest on. This creates the "glow";
you may have other mediums you'd prefer to use.
Note: the corner of my piece is missing because it was
a scrap I used, the corner won't show anyway.





Firefly made from Word Window, Heart (trimmed the point off of it)
and Circle punch, all were from Stampin' Up!

Two googlie eyes

Glitter GLUE, not loose glitter

Black and yellow card stock

The wings were punched from, of all things,
a piece of black "gel pen" book cover paper
leftover from my kids' elementary school days !




Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. I think this is very cute! And I love the yellow paint glow behind the jar. I think it works great. And who doesn't love googley eyes? This is just adorable and some one is going to cherish this when they get it. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)