Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Heart BEElongs To You Card














I whipped this card up for the Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home: Hexagons.

The hexagons on my card are the embossing folder (from Stampin' Up!) background to simulate honeycomb.

I used various punches, yellow and black card stock and shimmery paper to create the bee. I adhered just the top ends of the wings to the body. Cute googlie eyes to finish it off.

Note to self when I make more of these: glue the black head under the yellow body before adhering the wings. This is the first time I made a paper punch bumble bee; next time I need to make it much smaller ;)

The sentiment was created by typing a text box with the flag path to follow in Photoshop Elements 10. I printed it out on my home printer then hand cut it with scissors. I'm no PSE guru, but was able to figure this out pretty easily while playing around with it. Here is how I did it:







 

 

 
 

Thanks for looking !


7 comments:

  1. This card is just adorable! I need to try to make that bee sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative use of your punches! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the clean look of this card and thanks for the tip on the sentiment (Photoshop Elements). Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sentiment -- perfect for the card! LOL about the size of your bee. I had exactly the same experience a few months ago when I paper pieced a bee. But, your googly eyes make for a much cuter bee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made your bee. Those shimmery wings are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)