Saturday, February 1, 2014

Operation Write Home Card Bowl 2014 - Challenge 2

Challenge 2 for the Card Bowl at operation Write Home:
 Use BROWNS to make masculine cards.
This time I tried to make them more suitable
for teenage boys. 




On The Go stamp image from Stampin' Up!
stamped on glossy white card stock with gray ink.

I stamped with Versamark ink then heat embossed black
embossing powder on top of it, slightly off center. 
I was trying to give the image a feeling of motion.

I sponged brown inks over a torn paper mask
to create the ground.

Three shades of blue ink sponged on for the sky.

Various inks, bleach and water as well
as crumpling of the paper to make the distressed layer.

Faux brads are 1/4" circle punched brown card stock
 with clear dimensional liquid applied to the tops.

Grungy stamp on the bottom brown layer, Stampin' Up!

















I had too much fun making this one -
I dug out my acrylic craft paints to splatter
"mud" on the water colored truck image !
I also used a silver Signo gel pen for "chrome".

Stamps are from Hero Arts.
Stamped, hand cut then applied with dimensionals.

Ribbed cardboard from inside a light bulb box.

More home made distressed card stock to resemble dirt.

Plaid card stock base, Lasting Impressions.

Home made cloud stencil I sponged 
Bashful Blue ink over for the sky.



Go check out the blog post for many inspiring submissions -
and play along ! 


Thanks for looking =)

7 comments:

  1. I love the splatter on the truck. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely masculine cards - they will be a big hit! I like the distressing and spattering that you did for realistic rugged look and feel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fantastic and definitely all guy! The dirt bike absolutely looks like its in motion and the mud splattered truck...wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous guy cards-for any age! I love all of your texture and action. The top caqrd- I love how you have the ground of the image positioned into a perfect continuation with the hill of the background! And the corrugated paper- very clever to re-purpose--- it adds such a guy, rough and tumble aspect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What GREAT cards! I love the silhouette on the first one and how you created the background with layers, very cool! Love the corrugated paper and all the 'dirt' on the second! You rocked the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are terrific! Nothing says 'manly' like dirt!! Great sponging technique on the sky too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)