Sunday, February 2, 2014

Operation Write Home Card Bowl 2014 - Challenge 3

http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-challenge-210/
It's a sketch challenge for the Card Bowl Challenge today !
I tried to make masculine cards for younger boys with today's challenge, though there are certainly many little girls that would like them, too.












Stamp image from Stampin' Up!, Lots Of Bots.
"Happy Birthday, Human" is actually part of the bot image. I colored each word individually with a marker and stamped them on a scrap of card stock. I then cut the words apart and mounted them to scraps of Certainly Celery card stock.
The bot is water colored with various colors of classic inks from Stampin' Up!.
Papers from an old Die Cuts With A View Stack.
After taking the photo of this card and the feeling that it was missing something, I went back in with a marker and added a doodle line around the edge of the panel that the bot is stamped on.


















I turned the sketch on its side for this card !

Stamp image from Stampin' Up!, Darling Dragons.
Water colored with various colors of inks.
Papers from an old Die Cuts With A View Stack.
Two different size heart punches layered on top of each other. I carefully pulled the smaller heart apart creating two from the one and giving one side of the card stock that sort of suede look to it. I glued the smooth side of the small heart down on top of the large heart so the rougher, suede like side of the small heart was showing.
(I should have done a better job of cutting out "Miss you" so no white was showing............)



Thanks for looking =)



4 comments:

  1. These are great cards! Love the colors and papers! I find boy cards harder to make and these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your OWH win! I really like the robot card! Such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go winner! They say it was a random pick but all your cards deserved to win. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! They are so fun and perfect for kids! Great use of the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)