Saturday, March 1, 2014

DigiScrap Page - Silver and Gold

March 1st, ALREADY !???!!!!?
Gosh, mom and dad were right:
the older you get,
the faster time flies.
I'm trying to think of what I've accomplished
so far this year......... it doesn't seem like much of anything!
I hope you've made progress on your to do lists
or are doing a good job of sticking to your New Year's Resolutions.

For the first two months of 2014, I've managed to:
- Make several cards for Operation Write Home
and participate in some of the challenges at their blog.
- Made several bowl cozies
and although I was inspired to start
more sewing projects, I have not yet.
- Created digital projects for Creative Team commitments.
- Spent hours and hours (and hours!) on digital photos,
trying to get years worth gone through to choose
what to print so I can get them into photo albums.
 I've only made a small dent in that daunting project.
-Took some photos that of course will need to be 
edited, organized and some printed.... eventually.
- Reorganized crafty things in the "dungeon".
- Normal day to day life.



Enough of my rambling
(I took a cue from the challenge below to tell a story!). 

I made this digital scrapbook page
for a challenge submission at
Anything But A Card:

A blog buddy is the featured artist this week,
congratulations Margaret !
Take a moment to read through her insightful blog posts
and be inspired by her projects.



Yeah, it's silly using lyrics from an old Girl Scout song
to relate to my vehicles, but I thought it worked well!
After all, my old car has gold, the "new" one has silver
and I am keeping my old car, "my friend".
We've been through a lot together  :)


I used My Digital Studio to create this page.
Very Vanilla textured card stock background paper.
Alphabet punch paper filled (custom) with my own
Sara's Sequins, resized.
Banner and arrow punches, paper filled.
Several text boxes.





Closeup to show the detail at normal resolution.
The textured paper doesn't show up on computer 
screens unless you increase the image view size.

The largest sequin is normal size;
I copied, pasted, rotated then resized to make 
the smaller ones.







The photo below is me peering through the garage door at one of the many
heavy snowfalls we've received this winter.
I'm standing in front of the Shelby, all
tucked into its new home. 
Yet another huge storm is on its way this weekend.
The predictions seem to change every few hours,
but we do know that we will see freezing precipitation here.
The latest : we could see up to 10" of snow and sleet ! 
I have my supplies ready and have done some cooking today
as well as caught up on laundry, etc in case we lose power. 
Be safe out there all of you that will be affected by
this massive storm system ! 
Stay indoors and spend some time with your loved ones,
catch up on reading, crafting, etc . 




Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you joined my challenge!! I love the use of the Girl Scout song for your vehicles and the page looks fantastic! Another fabulous scrapbook page!!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)