Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mom Card


Operation Write Home
was to make Mother's Day cards.


I used purple white core card stocks from Lasting Impressions,
stamped then hand cut out letters from pink card stock ,
paper flower, purple ribbon  
and torn "sueded" paper (instructions below).





The adorable plaid paper flower was a gift from a pen pal -
it came in a wonderful assortment of paper flowers !








It's easy to make "sueded paper" / "faux mulberry paper":

Use a heavy weight card stock then crinkle it up enough
 to break down the fibers so you can pull the front and back
apart, creating two layers where one side has the fibers showing.
I used a crimper tool, running the card stock through numerous times
and at different angles. Once I see the gap forming along the edge
of the card stock between the front and back, I stop and pull it apart. 
I then crinkle them up to get rid of the ridges made by the crimper.
Sometimes, as in this sample, after unfolding I will go back over it 
with a bone folder to remove some of the harsh crinkles. 






Thanks for looking =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)