Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pink Overload - Sketch Challenge Card




TOO much pink.
Then again, it may be just the right amount for 
someone else ;) 


This card is based on the new sketch at

I didn't have any scraps of coordinating decorative papers
(seriously, I don't have many scraps of designer paper)
so I needed to cut into some new sheets from an old
 Die Cuts With A View Stack 4 paper pad.

I used the Full Heart and Heart To Heart paper punches
from Stampin' Up! for the hearts.

I lightly sanded the edges of the hearts before gluing
to the card front to help give the edges definition -
just so much pink and so many patterns going on with this card !

"Love" is heat embossed with white embossing powder.
The stamp was from Stampin' Up!

This is a nice, flat, mail friendly card.


Although it was soooooooo frigid today,
making the drafty old basement 50 degrees,
 I went ahead and did some crafting for a 
little bit. Bundling up, using a space heater
and my body adjusted to the cold 
so I was able to get some work done 
before calling it quits after about two hours.
My fingers were just too cold !
I'll share the Thank You cards tomorrow
that I made for another OWH challenge.

The severe cold temperatures and 
the freezing drizzle/sleet
were the only parts of the forecast 
from yesterday that held up where I live.
There isn't quite an inch of the white stuff
out there as of now.
Certainly no where near the 6-10" of snow prediction.

Be safe, stay home if possible, stay warm everyone ! 














We are hoping this is the only 
"lion" part of early March we see !


  Thanks for looking =)

7 comments:

  1. lovely card - thanks for sharing & supporting our troops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the hearts on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! I'm not much of a pink girl, but I love this! The layered hearts look great!! Thanks for sharing and I hope it warms up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jeanette... this is really striking. And, you can be sure there's a girl out there who is going to love getting this from a mom, dad, aunt, or uncle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed Love looks so perfect! I never get my embossed images to be that nice looking. I also love those hearts. Is that a current stamping up item? - Kristal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristal-
      The Full Heart Punch is still available, it is one single large heart. The Heart To Heart punch, three smaller assorted size hearts, is no longer available unfortunately.

      Delete
  6. This card is just stunning! I like the different tones and patterns of the "pinkness!"

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)