Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Purple and Yellow Challenge- Flamed Pickup Truck Card


As posted at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Blog today:
"Since it’s the fourth Wednesday of the month, it’s time for our Color Challenge. This month your challenge is to combine PURPLE AND YELLOW!"


There are sure to be lots of floral cards with that color combo, so I decided to make a "masculine" card - or one that maybe even a hot rod loving lady would like to receive !

It is blank and has no sentiment on the front, as most of the cards I make for Operation Write Home are, especially the masculine ones. This way the hero can use the card for any occasion or send it to a female if they would want to, as in this case since there is purple on it. 





Image from the old 
Classic Pickups stamp set
by Stampin' Up!
(NO, I will never part with this stamp set!!!!)
stamped with Basic Black ink

water colored with classic ink pads and an aquapainter

fine point Sharpie marker to draw the line around the edge

silver Signo gel pen for the chrome accents

Darice diamond plate embossing folder

white, silver metallic, golden yellow and dark purple card stocks


Car cruise / show / race season is just around the corner 
for us in this part of the country !
That is, if Spring ever arrives.........
another cold day today after waking
to a bit of snow/ice yesterday morning.



Thanks for looking =) 


8 comments:

  1. Great stamp and wonderful coloring. Looks like some of the trucks I see when I go to car shows. Heroes will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - LOVE the colors on the truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stamp... don't ever give it up! I like the silver embossed background paper, very catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I really like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job coloring that truck! I'm sure there are a lot of guys (or gals) that would love getting this card. I especially like that embossing folder! It complements the truck perfectly. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card, Heather, and an awesome take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I love that you took purple and yellow into a totally direction with this terrific card! Lovin' the diamond plate background!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)